Thursday, May 13, 2010

May happenings

May has gotten off to a fast start (just like every other month). I spent the first weekend in with T's mom, his sister, and our niece in Fredricksburg. It was my first time to go and I really enjoyed it! I found a few things to bring back and also came home with lots of ideas.

The weather has been heating up, so Sunshine has been enjoying the sprinkler and the pool. We've been to the city pool a couple of times with friends. Because school is still in session, there haven't been very many people there- it's been great. Sunshine and her friends have full use of the slide and they love it! I think they went up and down at least 30 times yesterday.

We finished up planting our garden and I think everything is up. We've been enjoying some of the cooler season veggies..like broccoli, onions, and a little romaine and spinach. Garden fresh broccoli is just amazing to me. It tastes so different from the fresh broccoli I have purchased at the grocery store....I love it and so do T and Sunshine.

The sunflowers have really taken off. We've been taking out a tape measure and having discussions about which sunflower is the tallest, which one is the shortest, etc. Here is a pic of Sunshine playing with the tape measure by her sunflowers.


No comments: