Monday, May 7, 2012

"That's how it is Mom"

Monday's consist of cleaning and laundry around here.  I was working away on laundry and cleaning the bathroom this morning and didn't make it out the door until late morning to get my work-out done.  Well things have heated up here in Texas- though I'm not complaining.  I'll take being hot over being cold any day.  After rescuing a turtle from our dog Honey, we were off.  I decided to stick to walking over running today and still managed to work up a good sweat.  When we got close to home I told Sunshine "I don't want to push the stroller up this hill, it's too hot."  I was hoping for a "You can do it!" or something encouraging.  Rather, without missing a beat, she replied "That's how it is Mom."  Hmm...maybe I say this?  Maybe I am the one that needs to work on encouraging her:).
She has been working on her "to-do" list today.  So far she has checked off play in the garden and play in the mud (I watered the garden last night).   She found several ripe cherry tomatoes while she was in the garden....time to start planning what I am going to do with all of them!

No comments: