Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Scrappy Nine-Patch Quilt

I've been planning to make a quilt for our bed.  The first quilt I made just isn't quite big enough for our California King.  So, I found a pattern and pulled out my fabric scraps to see what I had to use and what I needed to buy.  As I started going through them, I realized most of the scraps I have are from dresses I've made for Sunshine...scraps I just can't seem to part with, but haven't known what to do with.   So now I am making a quilt for her room and then I'll make one for T and I.  The goal- Christmas.  I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I real enjoy it so I shouldn't term it "work".  I've cut all the squares and rectangles for her quilt (720 to be exact!) and now I am sorting them into blocks so that I can start sewing.  Here's what the quilt looks like so far....

I am hoping to post a completed quilt top by August!!

No comments: