Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things






One of things that I love about living in Texas is the extended growing season. It is so different/wonderful to have the ability to plant year-round. A few years ago I would have never been able to dig a hole in the ground during the winter due to the frozen soil. Now I live in and area where the prime time to plant shrubs, roses, etc., is during the fall and winter months.

With the weather cooling off our flowers have taken another breath and are putting out a lot of beautiful blooms. Last week our mums were loaded with unopened buds. I told my husband that sometimes I enjoy the anticipation more than the actual flowering.

Above are a few of my favorites. The top rose is called Lafter. I love it because it reminds me of the day we brought Sunshine home from the hospital. It was heavy with blooms and I can remember just enjoying the opportunity to breathe in some fresh air and enjoy my flowers. It will be fun to have it in bloom around her birthday every year.

Tomorrow I think I'll cut some for a fresh bouquet to enjoy inside.

No comments: